WHAT WE DO
CIEQV is based on the priorities of Horizonte 2020, specifically societal challenges, particularly in the maintenance of high standards of life quality in various age groups and social contexts.
CIEQV has, as its mission, to contribute to the production of knowledge and innovation and to promote improvement in the life quality of human beings. During the last year, taking into account some of the evaluation panel comments, CIEQV has developed an updated organization and research structure divided into 5 (five) areas:
(a) Motor behaviour;
(b) Organizational dynamics;
(c) Food production / Food behaviour;
(d) Physical Activity and Healthy Lifestyles;
(e) Education and training.
The integrated members will work through projects in one of the five areas in terms of common interests, not excluding, however, the possibility of working in an area resulting from the interconnection of the different research lines. Each project has developed its own approach to achieving its scientific goals within the overall CIEQV scientific structure and aims.
Projects will result in new knowledge in the life quality domain that can be transferred to society (regional, national and international) through better and updated professionals, new or updated education programmes (short courses, undergraduate courses, graduate courses, postgraduate courses), digital and paper editions (websites, papers, books, technical documents), patents and scientific events – dissemination of the research for the scientific community.
The multidisciplinary nature of CIEQV is one of its great innovations and challenges, bringing together researchers of various areas (e.g.: sports, health, education, nutrition, food quality, among others). Only by combining this research we can begin to understand the behaviour of society in terms of Quality of Life.
CIEQV intended, therefore, to drive research forward using an innovative framework of scientific interrelationship.
Structure and vision
CIEQV’s organizational structure consists of three different boards and five areas of research.
The organizational structure of CIEQV consists in the Coordination Board (3 members – 1 coordinator and one member of each institution), the Scientific Board (CIEQV integrated members) and the CIEQV Office .
CIEQV is organized in 5 scientific areas. Every research line has different scientific topics. The researchers will work in every scientific area by affinity interests however not excluding the possibility of working in an area resulting from the interconnection of the different research lines.
The 5 scientific areas:
Motor behavior: this research area covers the study of motor behavior, human motricity disorders, and the body’s interaction with the environment;
Organizational dynamics: this research area covers the study of individual and collective dynamics, in particular the social influence, the organizations dynamics and their influence on individual and organizational life quality; the life quality in various contexts (urban, rural); the life quality at work;
Food production / Food behavior: this research area covers the study of human behavior concerning food and its specialized production;
Physical Activity and Healthy Lifestyles: this research area covers the physical activity and their relationship to healthy lifestyles;
Education and training: this research area covers the study of competence skills of trainers and trainees; teaching models; creation and innovation of technological tools that promote and enhance skills and knowledge.
CIEQV objectives are focused on research, development and innovation, namely:
Contributions for the regional strategy:
– Positioning CIEQV as preferred partner in the research, development and innovation area as part of its regional influence;
– Strengthen collaboration and coordination with the regional institutions in order to respond to their needs;
– Create an Observatory for the research and innovation development in the regional influence territory.
Opportunities for advanced training:
– CIEQV research should revert to the undergraduate and graduation offers of IPSantarém and IPLeiria and the institutional partners with whom they collaborate;
– Combine CIEQV research with the Undergraduate and Graduate curricular units of IPSantarém and IPLeiria as well as doctoral and postdoctoral programmes protocoled with universities and research centres;
– Graduate researchers and scholars in the initiation or development of advanced research projects in the CIEQV research areas;
– Strengthen and renew the undergraduate offer;
– Apply, develop and create Graduate courses in CIEQV research areas;
– Develop and create new specialized courses in CIEQV research areas;
– Develop and create new short courses in CIEQV research areas;
– Strengthen the students ‘ training in research methodology and integrate students in the ongoing CIEVQ projects;
– Develop postdoctoral programmes in the CIEQV research area through institutional cooperation with universities and research centres.
The CIEQV aims to promote its international activity since its research is also compliant with the requirements of European and international research, education and professional development:
– CIEQV will have as partners some of the major institutions of higher education, research centres and European and international networks;
– Coordinate, propose and participate in European and international projects;
– Participate as a member or observer in commissions of the CIEQV research areas;
– Organize international scientific events alone or in collaboration with other institutions;
– Engage international researchers to support ongoing projects;
– Support CIEQV integrated members and collaborators for research in international centres;
– Support CIEQV integrated members and collaborators through international dissemination of their works;
– Conceive and cooperate in the development of researchers international training programmes;
Instituto Politécnico de Santarém (IPS) is an institution with good facilities and equipment, made available to the research center to carry out its activities. The CIEQV can benefit especially from IPS’s existing facilities ate the School of Sports, School of Agriculture, Management and Technology School and the School of Health, in particularly their laboratories and equipment. In this regard, we can highlight the following laboratories: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Food Technology, Research in Sports, Sport Psychology, Pedagogy in Sports and Fitness labs, among others. The organizational activities, the management and transfer of knowledge and the valorization carried out by the research center will be supported by the institutional structure of IPS, in particular through the support of its project office, the financial management of the project office and transfer center. These services, which bring together eight employees, already have significant experience in the management of research, development and innovation activities carried out at national and international level.
Instituto Politécnico de Leiria is an institution with modern facilities and equipment made available to the research center to carry out its activities. The unit can especially benefit from the existing facilities at the School of Education and Social Sciences, the School of Tourism and Sea Technology and the School of Health, in particularly their laboratories and equipment. In this regard, we can highlight the following laboratories: Sensory Analysis, Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Mobilization and Mechanical Therapy, Electrotherapy or Techniques Adapted to the Disabled, among others.
The organizational activities, management and transfer and the appreciation of knowledge to be carried out by the research center will count with the support of the institutional structure of the IPL, namely through the support of its project office, the financial management of the project office and transfer and valorization of knowledge center. These services, which have nine employees, already have significant experience in the management of research and development and innovation, carried out nationally and internationally.
Specifically, almost full time (> 50% of the time), the CIEQV office has: 3 assistants (2 IPS and 1 IPL); 1 financial manager (IPS) and 1 event and marketing manager (IPS). The office is located at IPS headquarters and has a branch office at IPL. Both offices are fully equipped with all necessary administrative equipment (internet, laptops, administrative software, professional printers).